Re: Exported variables are null when required from applet, but ok otherwise

That would be great, thanks!

It seems to me that when modules are required from an applet, the module
body is not evaluated. Variables and procedures are declared but variables
aren't initialized, and any code in the module body isn't executed. I tried
adding (module-static 'init-run)
at the top of the imported module as I
figured this would force the module body to be run, but this caused the
following error when running in appletviewer:

$ appletviewer applettest.html
called init.
called start.
java.lang.IllegalAccessError
    at test.<clinit>(test.scm)
    at applettest.start(applettest.scm:6)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:464)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
$

A workaround would be to put in an "init" procedure in each module I
require, and then call that init procedure from the applet's "init", but I'd
rather not have to do this.

Alex