Re: Kawa fails if used in multithreading

Per Bothner wrote:
On 07/29/2010 11:30 AM, Daniele Benegiamo wrote:
The below program, using both Kawa 1.10 and 1.9.90, fails; sometimes
reporting only a lot of internal errors (usually with LOOPS low, as 10),
sometimes not terminating at all. If used with THREADS = 1 it works fine.

Is a my problem of initialization of Scheme object or a Kawa bug?

I do some strange errors too. I guess there is some thread contention someplace, but I don't know where it might hiding.

I've seen you are currently working on Kawa servlet. Should not this problem make also the Kawa servlet implementation fails? All servlet containers works with thread pools, if two requests for a new page (I still don't know if the problem is in parsing/compiling/evaluation) come at the same time, the container would execute Kawa as in the posted example. Have you ever tried a stress test of Kawa servlet (e.g. with 'JMeter' or 'ab')?

Daniele