Re: kawa goals

On 10/14/2010 10:08 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
I know some folks who would like to see a page describing the status
of Common Lisp support, too.

I haven't spent much effort on Common Lisp support recently, though it does inform my design decisions. I haven't got the impression there is a lot of demand - but that may be a chicken-and-egg problem: A semi-usable Common Lisp implementation is a nig job; people needing Common Lisp aren't going to look at Kawa until it becomes more feature-complete; OTOH I can't afford to spend a lot of time on Common Lisp implementation without demand. If there were a source of funding for me to work on Common Lisp support, it would be different, but I don't know of anything.

I believe Common-Lisp-the-Language first edition is somewhat
doable in a few months of concentrated (full-time) work. A useful "static"
subset of CLOS is probably not that difficult to add, though a complete
implementation including the MOP would be more of challenge.