Re: blog entry - Kawa in Computer Languages "shootout"

On Oct 18, 2010, at 2:23 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

FYI - I've posted in my blog benchmark results comparing
runtime numbers for Java, Scala, Clojure, JRuby, and Kawa versions
of 11 of the "The Computer Language Benchmarks Game" programs:
http://per.bothner.com/blog/2010/Kawa-in-shootout/

Here's a chameneos-redux implementation. It's a fairly straightforward port of the Java 6 -server version, and has comparable speed.

For the Java server version, I get (for `time java chameneosredux 6000000`):
real 0m9.793s
user 0m9.017s
sys 0m5.635s

and for Kawa, I get:
real	0m9.584s
user	0m9.010s
sys	0m5.471s

Is there a more Kawa-native way of producing an enum than explicitly subclassing java.lang.Enum?

-Jamie

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group