Re: no matching syntax-rule for define

* Maxim Veksler [2010-12-15 10:12] writes:

> btw, does kawa (or any other dialect of scheme) has a IDE?

Maybe this https://github.com/schemeway/SchemeScript

As with most dynamically typed languages static analysis is harder and
IDE's can't offer the same features as say for Java.

I think it's fair to say that the majority of Scheme/Lisp programmers
uses Emacs for editing.

> Does the concept of break points,

Yes.  I think you can use any JVM debugger, like JSwat, with Kawa.

The "set a breakpoint on that line N" approach doesn't work terribly
well, because Lisp syntax is not line oriented.  Something like "insert
a breakpoint before expression E" would be more useful.

Actually, it's more common to invoke the debugger directly with a
function.  A bit like the "debugger" keyword in Javascript.  Even more
common is it to start the debugger automatically when/where an error
occurs.  Kawa doesn't support that tho.

> or syntax highlighting applies to scheme?

Yes, mostly.  As with other languages with user definable syntax it's
hard to make a solution that works 100% correctly.  In practice it works
well, though.

Helmut