Re: Kawa on Android - problems with kawa.standard.Scheme

On 02/28/2011 01:20 AM, Peter Feigl wrote:
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 09:19:52PM -0800, Per Bothner wrote:
I.e. the problem is not that Scheme is missing, but that an
exception happens when
executing its static initializer.

The current SVN version of Scheme.java does not call
Declaration.getDeclarationFromStatic.
Could you try that?

The SVN version leads to problems with gnu.text.Path (see the attached stack trace). I've seen that gnu.text.Path doesn't work on Android before, it seems it still doesn't in SVN.

I was able reproduce the problem, but still no insights.

It's possible (in fact likely) the problem isn't the actual Path,
but one of the classes referenced by Path.

Could you experiment by commenting out pieces of Path.java, rebuilding,
and re-testing?  For example try commenting out userDirPath, defaultPath,
pathLocation, and anything that depends on them.  Also try commenting
out any references to sub-classes (i.e. FilePath, URIPath, and URLPath).
You can change coerceToPathOrNull to always return null.  And so on.

I am not sure how to get a full stack trace (without the ... 20 more).

That is the full stack trace - the "more" stack frames" are shared
with the previous list.
See http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/Throwable.html#printStackTrace()
per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/