Re: Problem defining a class implementing an interface nested in a class

On 03/01/2011 02:02 AM, Colin Fleming wrote:
On 28 February 2011 20:38, Per Bothner<per@bothner.com> wrote:
Also I think I should also be able to do (according to something I'm
sure I saw in the doc but now can't find):

Perhaps http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/PathExpressions.html

That's the one.

Now that I have a new "Syntax" section in the manual, I have a
place in the Kawa manual where I can put an updated specification of
colon notation.  I will do that.

Great, thanks. This is something that's very important for Java interop and fairly underspecified in the manual.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, too - I'll have to dig around in
the code a bit to see the various hacks, since I'll have to handle
them in the editing mode I'm working on. Any pointers as to where I
should start looking, or brief descriptions of more or less what they
do?

I'll try to write something up in the next few days.

Colon notation is implemented by GetNamedPart.java (and
CompileNamedPart.java).

Given: obj:part

- If obj implements HasNamedPart, HasNamedPart.get is used.
  NameSpace is a special case.

- If obj is a Class or ObjectType, we get the static member
(i.e. static field, member, or member class).

- If obj is a Package, we get the member class or sub-package.

- Otherwise, we look for a named member/property/field.

Details to be added to manual ...