Re: *print-right-margin* ineffective for write

On 01/12/11 22:06, Per Bothner wrote:
Common Lisp uses *print-pretty* to enable/disable pretty-printing.
Maybe we should do that instead.

I realised that another way to get the output to run on and on in the REPL is to force the printing mode to zero like this:

(*:setPrettyPrintingMode ((current-output-port):getPrettyWriter) 0)

If *print-pretty* is false, we could use the pretty writer instance we already have in the write-with-shared-structure procedure to call this method.

The current behaviour for negative int values is to miser print, which makes sense. SBCL won't accept a negative value for *print-right-margin*, which also makes sense.

Charlie.