Re: Android REPL - add* syntax-sugar not available in constructor

On 02/01/2012 05:49 AM, teyc wrote:
I traced it further, putting a breakpoint on your latest change on
InlineCalls, and I suspect it has something to do with
InlineCalls.visit(Expression, Type) has set the required type as a
ClassType.

I doubt that is it. The problem is that somewhere in the Expression tree there is an ObjectExp, which requires compilation. So maybe set a 'new Error(..).printStackTrace()' in the ObjectExp constructor, to see where it is being constructed?

If that turns out to be InlineCalls#checkType, then the question is why,
since that shouldn't be happening if ! compilerAvailable().  (This is
assuming you're using the latest sources, from yesterday.)

[Now that I think about it, it would be better to move the
code to use Proxy to do it when ObjectExp is evaluated, since
that will be more general.  Not difficult in principle, but
I suspect would require some care with fiddly stuff.]