Re: GSOC | Extending Common Lisp support

On Jun 4, 2012, at 12:42 AM, Per Bothner wrote:

This seems cleaner:

Declaration decl = tr.lookup(name, Language.FUNCTION_NAMESPACE);
ReferenceExp rexp = new ReferenceExp(name, decl);
rexp.setProcedureName(true);

I do think doing setProcedureName is reasonable also when we
find the declaration.  Even if the flag isn't needed, it just
seems more consistent.

Agreed. If the lookup fails, then rexp.binding will just be null, which is the same situation we had before.

Is that a valid change to make?

Seems reasonable.

I *think* that calling tr.lookup() from
within function.rewriteForm() will do the appropriate lexical search,
but I'm still a little fuzzy about what's supposed to happen when in the
various Syntax methods.

You think *I'm* not a little fuzzy on what's supposed to happen? :-)

Good thing we've got Charles around to figure everything out for us now!

Here's a patch with my changes to defun.java, defvar.java, and function.java
(and a ChangeLog entry). Now I think I can go back to doing a test script..

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group