Re: Kawa compilation for Android, weird differences in compilation size

On 09/17/2012 12:07 AM, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
I'm posting here hoping somebody knows more about the process and can
share some details on why this behaviour should or should not be
expected. I get more than a bit worried when the name of my source
files affect the generated binaries...

You might want to look at: http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Module-classes.html Especially the first part, which defines the "module class" concept and notices the special case when the module class as the same name as the class defined by a define-simple-class (which is what the activity macros expands to).

If the module name is Front.scm then Front.class is both the
activity class and the module class.  However, in that case
we need an extra frame class.  (I haven't tried to figure out why -
it has something to do with closures and name capture.)
If the module is named frontsrc.scm then Front.class is the
activity class and frontsrc.class is the module class.