Re: SRFI-60

On Feb 20, 2014, at 2:54 AM, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 08:30 AM, Jamison Hope wrote:
>> Here's a patch which adds SRFI-60, updates require.java and ImportFromLibrary.java, and removes logbit? from Scheme.java.
>
> Thanks - I checked this in.
>
> Note I had to fix testsuite/num-tests.scm, since it used logbit?

Oops, missed that one.  I realized that I also forgot to update
kawa.texi to remove the "mostly implemented" language.  When I
went to remedy that, I got sidetracked looking to see what other
SRFIs are almost completely supported, or are supported but just
aren't mentioned in that list, and I came up with this:

SRFI 10: Sharp-Comma External Form
	It's there, other than the optional define-reader-ctor,
	which is easy to write using ReadTable#putReaderCtor.

SRFI 34: Exception Handling for Programs
	Seems to be supported, except that some aggressive compiler
	return type checking is making the JVM crash on examples with
	(+ 1 (raise 'an-error)).

SRFI 38: External Representation for Data With Shared Structure
	Is only missing read-with-shared-structure (kawa.texi
	already mentions this).

SRFI 66: Octet Vectors
	Is only missing u8vector=?, u8vector-compare, u8vector-copy!,
	and u8vector-copy.

SRFI 70: Numbers
	I think this is the same as R6RS numbers, which Kawa does
	support, but with a handful of extra functions:
	exact-floor, exact-ceiling, exact-truncate, and exact-round.
	(Any others?  It's a really long document.)

SRFI 72: Simple hygienic macros
	This is syntax-case plus make-capturing-identifier and
	around-syntax, I think.

I also noticed a bug -- the angle of a negative real should be pi,
not 0.  A patch is coming.

--
Jamison Hope
The PTR Group