Re: Kawa in Google Summer of Code 2014?

On 19 February 2014 18:28, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:
> If anyone has other ideas for projects, let us hear them.

I propose an EDSL for constraint logic programming. It would be
interesting to use miniKanren[1] or its related brethren for logic
programming, and perhaps JaCoP[2] as a constraint solving engine.

If it's possible to impose some total order over the ideas (perhaps
not), I think a (potentially very loose) measure of "How hard is this
project?" is useful to students. Also, if time permits, it might be
useful to list of few bullet points of requisite experience for each
task. I personally found such information useful and/or interesting
when other projects provided it. For example, SBCL[3] has the
"prerequisite information" bit.

[1] http://minikanren.org/
[2] http://jacop.osolpro.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=28
[3] http://www.sbcl.org/gsoc2013/ideas/#sec-1.4