Re: Google Summer of Code

On 03/05/2014 01:45 PM, Helmut Eller wrote:
On Wed, Mar 05 2014, Andrea Bernardini wrote:
[...]
Thank you, I will start looking at the code. I also found on the
website the documentation about the internals of Kawa, that should be
useful. I will ask here if I have questions.

For the "Optimize switches" project I would also suggest to read
Clinger's paper "Rapid case dispatch in Scheme" [1].  The paper
describes the kind of optimizations that we, well I, would like to see.
The problem is how to integrate the ideas of the paper into Kawa's
existing infrastructure.

In addition, we probably want to look at JDK7's switch-on-strings
feature.  Ideally, we'd like to special-case the switch if the expression
is java.lang.String (most likely using the same implementation as Java),
and also special-case java.lang.CharSequence (somewhat trickier).