Re: glibc2.1 not binary compatible with 2.0

 > Has there been any progress in figuring out why 2.0 binaries aren't
 > compatible with 2.1 libs?

 > In Linux, we just got away from libc5 hell, where no two systems were
 > compatible. I would hate for this to happen again.

 > If there is any way we can help test this, let me know, because we have
 > several programs that are affected. At first I thought it might be because
 > we were using the old libstdc++, but even compiling with egcs 1.0.3 and
 > libstdc++.so.2.8 we get the same problem, ie. a program compiled on RedHat
 > 5.2 with glibc2.0, egcs 1.0.3, and libstdc++.so.2.8 will not run on RedHat
 > beta6 with glibc2.1. It immediately seg-faults.

As long as you don't send us a small program that shows this behaviour
or tell us exactly what kind of problem you have, there's no way we
can answer your question.  We try to fix all problems but your report
is so vague that the specific problem you mention could be already
fixed, your program could be broken, or it's really a bug - I just
can't say with the information you give.

I hope you did read the FAQ and noticed that you do need to recompile
your libstdc++ when upgrading ?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de