Re: [juergen@monocerus.demon.co.uk] libc/1133: make install twice necessary

 > Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:
 > |> There seems to be one problem with upgrading from pre2 to pre3 as
 > |> reported by Jürgen Heinzl (see below).  I didn't have that problem
 > |> myself.  Has anybody else seen this?

 > The dynamic linker defines an additional symbol (_dl_lazy) that is needed
 > by libc.  But since ld.so is installed before libc.so, and ld.so is
 > self-contained this should not be a problem.
Exactly.

Juergen just told me that the problem was of his own:

Juergen > .. got it, mea culpa ... ld-linux.so.2 was a hard link to ld-2.1.1.so and
Juergen > so as soon as the new ld-2.1.1.so was installed I'd two binaries of course,
Juergen > the old one and the new one ... BOOOOM ...
Juergen >
Juergen > Off banging my head into the wall,

Glad to hear that you've found it,
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger   aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de    jaeger@informatik.uni-kl.de