Re: [Rafal Dabrowa <rafal@softsystem.com.pl>] libc/1163: glibc: wrong work of strcoll

> there is a big difference: "B" is LESS than "b" an "a" is
> GREATHER than "B" (on Linux with glibc 2.1.1 is inversely).
> And I guess, that on AIX is O.K. May be not ?

There are more ways to sort the characters - either
A < B < ... < Z < a < b ... (C locale), or A < a < B < b ...
(probably most other ones based on dictionary ordering
in the region), not to mention funny stuff regarding
accented characters, czech and slovak 'ch' that sorts
between 'h' and 'i' (dunno about the polish one) etc.

It is quite possible that the implementations differ -
I have seen this between HP-UX, Linux and NT too.

I was also surprised when I tried less [A-Z]*
under the slovak locale wanting to read README.*,
INSTALL etc. :-)

Regards
--
					Stano