Re: Help: Unwinding the C++ stack...throw, longjmp & threads

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> "George T. Talbot" <george@moberg.com> writes:
>
> > The size went from 1.2MB to 1.4MB.  Is that an acceptable size
> > increase?
>
> Certainly not.  This increase is completely unused in most cases.

What would be an acceptable size increase?  Did the people who
complained
say what would be acceptable or did they just complain?  ;^)

> > As to performance, do you have a standard method of measuring overall
> > performance?
>
> No.

What methods do you guys use now to determine what is and what isn't an
acceptable performance hit when, say, you're experimenting with
different
compiler optimization flags?

I'm trying to get an idea of what is and what isn't acceptable.  I have
no problem doing the hard work of implementing a fix to pthread_cancel()
under Linux, and I have no problem doing the hard work of measurement,
but
I need some objective criteria for doing the measurement so I don't walk
down a dead-end path.

--
George T. Talbot
<george@moberg.com>