This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Has the dynamic section to be read-write?
- To: "GNU C. library Alpha Tester List" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Has the dynamic section to be read-write?
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 23 Nov 1999 08:32:51 +0100
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>, Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822 dot org>
I'm trying to get the dynamic linker running on mips-linux and I'm now
encountering a number of problems.
The function elf_get_dynamic_info in elf/dynamic-link.h expects that
the dynamic section is writeable (the calculations:
info[DT_PLTGOT]->d_un.d_ptr += l_addr; change the dynamic section).
But the MIPS Abi states that the dynamic section is readonly.
Is my analysis correct?
What can I do to get the dynamic linker of glibc 2.1/2.2 running on
- reverting the patches to the dynamic linker and making dynamic again
- creating a copy of the dynamic section and modifying the copy
Has anybody another idea or some helpful suggestions?
 glibc 2.0.x didn't modify the dynamic section.
SuSE Labs email@example.com