This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Has the dynamic section to be read-write?
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: Has the dynamic section to be read-write?
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at frob dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:17:23 -0500
- Cc: "GNU C. library Alpha Tester List" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at ds2 dot pg dot gda dot pl>, Florian Lohoff <flo at rfc822 dot org>
> Do I understand you correctly that you suggest to change the member
> l_info from struct link_map from:
> ElfW(Dyn) *l_info[DT_NUM + DT_PROCNUM + DT_VERSIONTAGNUM + DT_EXTRANUM];
> ElfW(Dyn) l_info[DT_NUM + DT_PROCNUM + DT_VERSIONTAGNUM + DT_EXTRANUM];
Well, whatever works. I don't see a point in copying ElfNN_Dyn structures
instead of just the value. You also need to make sure your solution
satisfactorily represents missing tags, now checked for by l_info[DT_FOO]
being null. (A present tag with a value that happens to be zero has a
different meaning that the absence of the tag.)