Re: PowerPC bug report

> From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
> Date: 25 Nov 1999 08:26:28 +0100

> When I compile glibc-2.1.2 with option -O3 and with gcc 2.95.2 for powerpc,
> the file crtn.o and crti.o are generated incorrectly.
> The trick used to make theses file don't work.

So, don't use -O3?

I suppose we could change the Makefiles to filter out -O3 for these
files, but there's really no reason to use it for compiling glibc at
all.  I don't believe it gives any benefit.

I'd be surprised if crt*.o get built properly with -O3 on any machine.

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>