This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: PowerPC bug report
- To: aj at suse dot de
- Subject: Re: PowerPC bug report
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at ozemail dot com dot au>
- Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:11:59 +1100
- CC: libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com, LERDA at microprocess dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> From: Andreas Jaeger <email@example.com>
> Date: 25 Nov 1999 08:26:28 +0100
> When I compile glibc-2.1.2 with option -O3 and with gcc 2.95.2 for powerpc,
> the file crtn.o and crti.o are generated incorrectly.
> The trick used to make theses file don't work.
So, don't use -O3?
I suppose we could change the Makefiles to filter out -O3 for these
files, but there's really no reason to use it for compiling glibc at
all. I don't believe it gives any benefit.
I'd be surprised if crt*.o get built properly with -O3 on any machine.
Geoffrey Keating <firstname.lastname@example.org>