This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: passwd.db and libnns_sql ??
- To: Eric Perraudeau <ericp at cyberdeck dot net>
- Subject: Re: passwd.db and libnns_sql ??
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Date: 25 Nov 1999 12:42:27 +0100
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <383D130F.732B9EC9@cyberdeck.net>
>>>>> Eric Perraudeau writes:
> in what extend passwd.db is better than passwd in terms of speed of
> parsing ?
Please define what you mean - and produce a benchmark yourself. The
parsing is the same. The difference is the lookup process.
> is there a libnss_sql or whatever which can interface glibc and a db in
> sql ?
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org