Re: stropts.h

Ulrich:

I did a 3-way diff between stropts.h in glibc, LiS and Solaris (2.6).  There
are quite a few differences between glibc and Solaris/LiS if you count
values of constants as differences.  There is more agreement between
LiS/Solaris.

Here is a minimalist suggestion:

Currently LiS is using _STR_OPTS_H as its inclusion marker.  I propose to
add "LIS_STROPTS_H".  I will change LiS stropts.h so that if STROPTS_H is
defined it will skip the vast majority of its content.  You would then
modify your stropts.h to test for LIS_STROPTS_H and not do anything if it is
defined.

This would at least keep the two files out of each other's way in case they
both get included.

However, because of the difference in the _values_ of constants, the user
will not get the expected behavior unless he/she includes LiS's stropts.h --
since those are the constants with which LiS itself was compiled.

Do you want me to just hack stropts.h into what I think it should be and
send it to you?

Do you guys have any actual library routines for getmsg, putmsg, etc?  Or do
you just have stubs that return EINVAL?  Maybe we should discuss providing
you with the actual LiS library routines that issue system calls on Linux.
If LiS isn't loaded the system calls return proper error codes from the
kernel.

For the next version of LiS, I think that I will bring its constants more
into alignment with Solaris.  I will also check against UnixWare.

-- Dave