Re: Bind 8.2 patch

 > Thanks, guys.  I've applied the patch so that it can be tested.  I
 > have only a few comments:

 > - is it really necessary that __res_stat and __res_ninit are exported?

Yes - and I need to export some more functions.  The new (bind 8.2.2)
interface is not exported yet.

 > - for the nameser.h header.  I assume the new one is not compatible with
 >   the old one and therefore there is this nameser_compat.h header.  This
 >   should be explained somewhere (maybe the NEWS document).
nameser_compat is included by nameser.h.  No change should be neccessary.

Here's an entry for the NEWS file:

* The resolver code has been updated from bind 8.2.2-5 which supports
  threads. No changes should be necessary for user programs.  The
  integration was done by Andreas Jaeger and Adam D. Bradley.

Sorry for the late reply.  I've had a bad flu and I'm still
recovering.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger