glibc-2.1 and __setfpucw

Hi,
   I'm not subscribed to this list.  Please ignore this message if you
regard it as a breach of etiquette.  Please send any replies directly
to me, not to the list.

Since 1996 I have been providing, in a low profile way, some code
which allows programmers to manipulate the FPU environment, and more
significantly, handle FPU exceptions on x86 Linux machines.

I have been using the __setfpucw entry point of Linux libc's as a
convenient hook to allow initialisation of my code.  glibc-2.1 now
makes that symbol local so that particular trick no longer works.
I've had a brief look at the new glibc stuff and didn't see any
obvious alternative hooks which I could use for my code.

Can someone on this list please point me to where I should be looking
in the glibc source to find a good place to hook into the
initialisation code?  Or, are there no such hooks?

I asked this question on glibc-linux@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu and got
re-directed to this list.

Thanks.

Bill Metzenthen      | See http://www.linuxsupportline.com/~billm/ for info
billm@melbpc.org.au  | on an 80x87 FPU emulator, using floating point, and
Melbourne, Australia | code for manipulating the floating point environment on