Re: Potential breakage of static build.

On 24 Jan 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Date: 24 Jan 2000 17:10:52 -0800
> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
> To: Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net>
> Cc: libc-alpha@sourceware.cygnus.com
> Subject: Re: Potential breakage of static build.
>
> Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net> writes:
>
> > I discovered this while doing the LinuxThreads work, but I forgot to report it.
> >
> > I built a static libc.a and it failed to link with my test program
> > due to the symbol
>
> Static linking works.  Where do you have the .o files from?

It was a complete, self-contained rebuild from the glibc-2-1-branch sources
that I checked out some time ago. I must have done something wrong.

I configured with the option to disable shared libs and to disable profiling;
that might have done it. I did this to save time rebuilding everything.

I'll try to reproduce the problem over the next while, starting from scratch,
and get back to you so don't waste your time.