Re: [David Madore <madore@quatramaran.ens.fr>] libc/1638: O_NOLINK documented but not implemented

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> [1  <text/plain>]
>
> Hi glibc folks,
>
> we received the appended bug report - and it's not the first time that
> a sentence like:
>  "The following three file name translation flags exist only in the GNU system."
>
> caused confusion.  The glibc manual means here really the Hurd.  I'd
> like to change this and other occurences of "GNU system" to a phrase
> which doesn't cause os much confusion and bug reports.

 Well from the info explanation O_NOLINK == O_NOFOLLOW in Linux, so
glibc should probably define both (or maybe hurd could just change to
O_NOFOLLOW ?).
 As far as I know, _IGNORE_CTTY and _NOTRANS aren't implemented in
Linux though.

--
James Antill -- james@and.org
"If we can't keep this sort of thing out of the kernel, we might as well