Re: getaddrinfo(), getnameinfo() and friends question

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 01:36:37PM +0100, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >I have one question. Glibc 2.2 will follow draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-00.txt
>
> Glibc 2.2 already includes most of the changes in that draft.  The exception
> is getipnodebyname() and its friends, which are already obsolete.  You should
> use getaddrinfo() instead for IPv6.

I agree that it's better to use getaddrinfo, but I think getipnodebyname()
and friends should be included in order to be compliant.

As for the difference between rfc2553bis and other standards, I've been
told that XNS is supposed to be updated to follow 2553bis. I don't know
where that rumor stems from though.

I've been planning to go throught the specs and test things, and see if
there's anything missing. Are there things you know of that should be
done, that I can help out with?

Stig

--
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it holds the universe together ...