Re: getaddrinfo(), getnameinfo() and friends question

Stig Venaas <venaas@nvg.ntnu.no> writes:

> I agree that it's better to use getaddrinfo, but I think getipnodebyname()
> and friends should be included in order to be compliant.

They are obsolete and nobody should ever start using them.

> As for the difference between rfc2553bis and other standards, I've been
> told that XNS is supposed to be updated to follow 2553bis. I don't know
> where that rumor stems from though.

XNS will be part of the Austin Group standard.  We haven't made many
changes while bringing the body of XNS over to AG.  Also, from what
the people participating in for XNS group say, the IETF proposals will
change quite a bit.