Re: shared lib problem on PPC (was: Re: glibc 2.1.92 tst-getdate failure on linuxppc)

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> writes:
> > So the fini code is never called it seems. Which code should I check for
> > changes compared to glibc-2.1.3 (where the same binary worked)?
>
> It's not 2.1.3 you have to compare against.  The same code works on x86.
>
> The unloading happens in _dl_close.  Put a breakpoint on this function
> and step in it to see why the reference counter isn't going to zero so
> that the module is unloaded.

map->l_opencount is 2 when _dl_close is called. The call to dlsym increments
it via add_dependency. Now why doesn't this happen on other platforms? I bet
failing to start apache would be reported quite quickly.
What can I do from here? Maybe tell me why add_dependency isn't called on x86?

Franz.