Re: stricter Linux headers

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.med.uc.edu> writes:

> Geoff are of the opinion that we should create a sys/cdrom.h
> header in glibc to correct this situation. Do you think this is doable
> (Geoff is supposed to be preparing the header I think) in
> the time frame for glibc 2.2?

I don't know where asm/byteorder.h is used (haven't looked) but it
seems to be no good idea in the first place.  It should not be
necessary ro introduce sys/byteorder.h or so.

Adding cdrom.h to glibc is a pain.  The file is changed far too often
and I have not the slightest interest to follow the all the changes
and make releases just because somebody introduced a new ioctl.
Programs which use this header should have it included in the sources.
Alternatively a package closely following the kernel could provide
these kind of headers.