Re: glibc 2.2

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 05:36:27PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> * The sockaddr_in6 structure changed.  The IPv6 working group added a new
>   field sin6_scope_id.  This means that all programs using IPv6 should be
>   recompiled.  Don't expect binary compatibility with previous glibc
>   versions.

Ulrich,

Which IPv6 working group are you referring to?  The one in the
IETF, or the working group in the Opengroup working on the
XNET portion of the Single Unix Specification?

I'm getting dizzy trying to figure out who is running the show
when it comes to setting socket API standards for IPv6.

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues
http://www.gis.net/~craigr