Re: svcfd_create etc declarations?

> > But do you like to have CORBA in glibc for NIS?
>
> This is not what I said.  You asked about adding to public headers
> which is not necessary.  The NIS stuff does not need public
> definitions.

I support that view. RPC needs to be continued for the protocols that
already use it (NFS, NIS, etc); I don't think anybody seriously
considers to develop new stuff with it.

Those few which use it for non-standard protocols should accept to not
get it supported in the C library at some time; compare that to the
many wire protocols that also don't have direct support in C library
except for the socket API (http, CORBA, DCE).

Regards,
Martin