pthreads in Linux

Hello,
	I have been going through the pthreads code in
linux, in glibc, and am trying to understand how
non-standard stacks ( set via setstackaddr or
setstacksize ) are handled - when it comes to
indentifying the thread context structure or
retrieving thread speciifc data from the thread
stack ( mostly using getspecific ). In the code, I
saw that for non-standard stacks, in thread_self,
it just parses through the whole list of pthread
stacks to match one with the current sp. Isn't
this likely to be slow and inefficient in cases
where the stacks are user defined and there are
lot of threads retrieving thread specific data?? I
would like to know how this is handled in other
flavours of unix - solaris, aix, hp, etc.? 'coz we
are concerned this might causes performance
problems for us, and would like to know the
rationale behind this approach, as well as
understand other alternatives.
any pointers? Kindly cc me on the reply..
Thanks

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag