Re: PR review for 2.2.4: #1974

    >> OK, here's my first one: #1974 "Installed glibc-2.2 and can no longer
    >> use g++"

    >> Indeed this is due to a change in glibc. However, since those changes
    >> usually are made for good, we at Caldera decided to sync up our
    >> gcc. Can some of you Cygnus folks eval and short circuit this to a gcc
    >> maintainer and close the PR? Is it in a CVS branch of gcc already ?

    Jakub> This is not the only patch you need to get 2.95.2 cope with glibc
    Jakub> 2.2.  Basically, you need gcc 2.95.3 + patches, CVS

Yes, gcc-2.95.[23] + patches. This is one of them. And my question was
whether whis patch is already in one of the current gcc branches. Let's not
(yet) talk about the others (I see 2 more here), but the actual problem
mentioned in this PR. It's a type conflict between glibc and gcc. This patch
syncs it up in gcc. Nothing more promised, nothing more done. At least this
one is quite obvious, and easy to decide.

    Jakub> gcc-2_95-branch, gcc-2.96-RH

gcc-2.96-RH ? C'mon, please !

    Jakub> or gcc 3.0+ for glibc 2.2+.

Yes, we're using a gcc-3 branch for ia64. But said patch isn't in; that's why
I'm asking.

	Torsten