Re: glibc licensing change patches

Mark Brown <bmark@us.ibm.com> writes:

> GNU libc developers and users-
>
> The GNU C library Steering Committee is dropping patches today that
> change the version of the LGPL that is used, to version 2.1.

Depending on your timezone it might still be the same day ;-)

> The new language is the most recent FSF version. It:
>   - adds slightly better legal language that makes glibc
>     more widely useable.
>   - moves the libio files under the LGPL. (they were formerly
>     under the GPL).
>
> We are aware that there may be some who take issue with this; please
> direct all comments to the steering committee at <glibc-sc@gnu.org>.

I'm done know with the integration of the LGPL.  Things I haven't
changed are:

- Files from the GNU MP Library
- The linuxthreads add-on

I've tagged the archive with the tag "pre-lgpgv2_1" (typo on my part)
before adding the patches and "post-lgplv2_1" after integration of all
changes.

The manual has also been put under the GNU Free Documentation License.

If you notice any technical problems with those changes, please
contact me directly asap and I'll fix it.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de