Re: glibc 2.2.3 + autoconf 2.52

>I am not aware of this "running sysdeps configure files as independent scripts"
>that you speak ok.  Please refer to specific pieces of the makefiles, or
>to specific parts of "make all" output where you see such commands.

	Oops.  I was wrong.  "make all" was rerunning the whole
top level ./configure script when I thought it was running a fragment
separately.

	However, autoconf is still run individually on each configure.in
in sysdeps/ and previously choked when trying to do that, apparently
because it needed some macros that are set up by AC_INIT at the beginning
of a main configure.in file.  You are probably familiar with this, but
just in case, you see it by removing the "@" from the "autoconf-it" definition
in the top level Makefile and running "make all":

baldur[521]# make all
rm -f sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure.new
autoconf  sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure.in > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/configure.new
[...]

	Pehaps what we need to for AC_INIT to be rearranged as a two line
macro that calls two new macros: AC_INIT_FRAGMENT (which would AC_REQUIRE
whatever the standalone automake needs) and AC_INIT_DATA which would
actually clear variables and files.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."