Re: Wish for 2002 ...

While I'm not on the mailing list and do use C I think we need to make
sure:

We do not isolate ourself from the other UNIX platforms just for sake
of POSIX standards because then we'll loose in the long run. It would be
nice if developers used only POSIX functions or the POSIX functions were
fixed properly in the first place then we wouldn't be having this discussion :)

On that note:

Why don't we have a libbsd library for non standard functions and keep
them out of glibc? Then if they got approved be moved into glibc?

By using the auto* tools this would help ease any breakage (ie functions
in libbsd or in glibc) by having autoconf determine where the function
lives in (which library).

Is there harm in doing this?

Shawn.