Re: [libc-alpha] Fwd: Re: C++ and pthread_create()

Kaz Kylheku <kaz@ashi.footprints.net> schrieb am 14.02.02:
[...]
> > http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=DEta8.55%241h5.204%40news.cpqcorp.net
> >
> > "...I think any implementation that doesn't build
> >  cancelation (and thread exit) on top of a pervasive
> >  common exception infrastructure is broken to the point
> >  of being unusable. Nevertheless, the standard doesn't
> >  (and can't) require a correct implementation, so those
> >  who do it wrong can get away with it as long as their
> >  users allow them to. ..."
>
> I seem to remember Dave writing something similar before.  I agree.
> In a given programming environment, there should be a single, unified
> mechanism for handling non-local transfers of control with unwinding.
> Everything else should map to that: thread cleanup handlers in C,
> setjmp/longjmp, C++ try/catch and similar features in other languages.

Uhmm.. I am not sure with respect to "jumps"... consider:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=3C2CC94A.503FB8E2%40web.de

"ISO/IEC 14882:1998(E), Pg 347:

 'The function signature longjmp(jmp_buf jbuf, int val)
  has more restricted behavior in this International
  Standard. If any automatic objects would be destroyed
  by a thrown exception transferring control to another
  (destination) point in the program, then a call to
  longjmp( jbuf, val) at the throw point that transfers
  control to the same (destination) point has
  undefined behavior.'

regards,
alexander.