Re: binary incompatible change in libnss_*.so.2

Ulrich Drepper writes:

> The PAM module is using a NSS module directly which isn't allowed.

Allowed or not, it is the reality in all SuSE 7.3 installations.

> Just to show that it is possible, this is the same module on my RH
> system:

So you don't apply my patch?

Everyone using a SuSE distribution who wants to alpha-test glibc will
get the same problem, i.e. make his system unbootable. Do you want
this? Do you want all SuSE Linux users to stop contributing to glibc
until SuSE has fixed the problem (which may be a year from now, or
sooner, or later)?

Bruno