Re: Duplicate data objects in shared libraries

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:42:08AM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > I took a look. When I move C.so in front of A.so in the scope of A.so
> > if C.so is on the DT_NEEDED list of A.so and is loaded in memory
> > already, this will work. However, there are a few testcases in
> > glibc which assume otherwise. I can't make both to work at the same
> > time. Does anyone have some ideas?
>
> Can you report what those test cases are, and judge whether they are
> "reasonable"?

I sent Ulrich a small testcase. I assume he will look into it.
Personally, I believe it is a Linux bug, which leads to the same
symbol having different values in one address space from dlopen.
That is a very tricky problem. Ulrich, do you want me to send
a glibc testcase patch? I can think of a few interesting ones.

H.J.