memset.S and PowerPC

Hello

AFAICS the memset.S in sysdeps/powerpc is broken for PowerPC implementations with cache line sizes other than 8 words.
My current work-around is to delete this specific memset.S file. Is there a smarter way of doing it?

I've heard that there are some ideas of using a variable (exported by the OS kernel) to give glibc a chance to adapt itself to the cache line size of the hardware. What's the status of this idea/project? Anybody using it already?

TIA

Dave