Re: DLOPEN and Statically linked executable

Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> I think it would be better to figure why they need glibc changes.
> E.g. the 2M thread stack size argument is very weak, since glibc on
> sane architectures supports whatever thread stack size mysql wants.

I know that PowerPC (32-bit) currently only support fixed sized (default)
thread stacks. And PowerPC64 is following the same route unless I get
enlightened real soon now ...

So please define "sane architecture". This there any more than support for
pthread_attr_setstacksize()?

Or do you refer to "floating stacks" and which of those have Linux
implementation that I can look at for inspiration?

Also is there "white paper" or design document for this topic?