question re: pthreads

Hello,

I want to debug an app that uses pthreads.  The main thread seems to crash
when running pthreads_create.  gdb is no help to me since it keeps on
running after the segfault.

At the endo f the run (which claims it's succesful), gdb informs me there
was a segfault in pthreas_handle_free.

My questions are :

a) is there any way I can debug a pthreaded application to see what is
causing the segfault ?
b) can I somehow compile and link the app to a different compiled version
of glibc that has debug symbols enabled ?

thanks,
Thomas

Come on baby take a walk with me honey
Tell me who do you love