initgroups

Hi,
Since we use an LDAP db for UserID storage (OpenLDAP) , the commands : su, login, etc... are very slow even if we use NSCD.
The problem comes from the fact that we have ~10 security groups defined for each user and it takes ~0.5secs/groups to retrieve from the server!
So a login takes between 4-8 seconds depending the number of groups the user is member of.

After a little investigation, I found that the initgroups function doesn't use nscd! That's the problem of our problem.
Is it real? Normal? Is there a workaround for that?

Does anybody else have such a problem?
Thanks for any advice.
-jec

--