Re: Sysdeps ordering

Hmm.  It seems to me that it would make more sense for the configure
fragments to run in the reverse of the order that they do now.  That way,
more-specific fragments could override things set by less-specific ones.
Although we really don't want to have any such complex interactions in
these if we can avoid it (and we have thus far).