PPC32 and state of the project

Hi Franz, Ulrich, etc,

> PowerPC32 suffered in the last year by not having somebody available who
> can dedicate a lot of time.  And unfortunately a lot is needed.  Many of
> the new glibc features require support in the tools, binutils and gcc,
> which has to be done.  In the case of PPC32 it's even worse: due to a
> misdesign of the ABI fundamental changes are necessary.  Somebody has to
> take the initiative.  Franz Sirl agreed to take over PPC ownership for
> glibc but he made clear that he has no time to resolve the outstanding
> problems related to ABI and tools.

I volunteer to help out for ppc32 support.

So does anyone have a more detailed To-Do list for PPC32?

Can anything be done without an TLS register abi change?
And is there a target register that we should be using to keep in sync with
ppc64 or whatever?

Who do we have to bug to get that register decision made and the abi
changes made?   Is Geoff Keating still supporting PPC32 Linux or has he
moved completely to Apple/Darwin.

I know squat about gcc internals but I am quite familar with the
linuxthreads code and ppc assembler and the abi details and I am willing
to pitch in and help if someone can point me in a relevant direction.

Kevin