prelink...libelf or elfutils????

Jakub,
   Debian has just added prelink to the sid package archive and is
using the 20021213 tarball of prelink. I believe that is the one you
are building against elfutils now in the current redhat beta release.
Can you clarify whether we should be switching to elfutils for this
or will both elfutils and libelf remain supported in future prelink
releases? The libelf v0.8.2 + patches we were using before seems
to work as prelink passes all 15 tests in its make check. However
I wanted to know if we should be migrating elfutils into sid and
linking prelink against that instead.
                              Jack
ps One other question...is the -R option in prelink well tested? I had
one debian user report that on ppc sid 'mount' was crashing after he
used 'prelink -R' (which I haven't tested much myself on ppclinux).