Thoughts on implementing -Bgroup or -Bdirect?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there are any plans to implement group or direct symbol
fixup semantics as found on Solaris. They are described here:

http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/816-0559/6m71o2aeq?a=view

I think implementations of one of these (probably group) would be quite
useful, in particular I know Debian wanted it at some point:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200203/msg00325.html

Is this on the todo list? If not, would patches be accepted, or is it
something that only core hackers would be trusted with?

thanks -mike