Re: ppc relocs

HI,

FWIW -
    I thought ppc32 required PIC code for shared libraries.  My biggest
porting problem on OOo was that x86 people were constantly building static
libs and then linking them into shared libs.  I had to go back and fix
every static lib to be built with PIC to prevent RELOC 24 error messages
all over the place.

At least all of the Blackdown JDK and OOo shared libs are built fully with
-fPIC code or the builds will fails when linking.

Kevin

On March 2, 2003 07:06 am, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 03:56:52AM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I have checked in various changes and both TLS and non-TLS builds on
PPC32